je ne sais quoi

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hard Man Weather Predictions

I layered up real nice today.  I've found that if your socks are long enough, you can eliminate that small gap between the knee warmer and top of the sock.  I save this combo (as I only have 2 pairs that are long enough to do the job) for the really cold days.  I'm set to do 18 hours this week, and the forecast for days has been "rain from hell, tuesday through thursday."  I layer up, get outside, and in spite of the disillusionment of being blinded by really bright sunlight you don't expect, I was happy to find it was cold, at least.  Mid 50s, perhaps?  8am.  Dry and sunny as can be, however.  Rode out to the start of the Barry Ride, putt around town, and went to clear creek and back.  3:04 ride time.  201W average.  2207 KJs.

Yeah.  Yet again, for the 3rd year in a row, I've started the base training exodus without having a team to ride for in '09.  I came close, and almost had something set up through "that big team on the westside", but alas, no go.  Upsetting, sure...but I think this year, more than any other, will be a boon year to ride unattached in our SoCal scene.  Think about it.  No Toyota, no more Five Star to shut things down.  They killed me last year during my 2 month unattached stint.  And who's left?  LaGrange?  SDBC?  Is there anyone else that'll field more than a couple?  No.  I predict some classic amateur free-for-all racing.  Should be fun, and i'm motivated for it.

Also, I've got to pay hommage to my new tubular training wheels.  Chris King hubs laced to Mavic Reflex Ceramic built by Colorado Cyclist.  SO great.  The feel!  The handling!  The braking!  Ah!  In the next couple days...perhaps when that rain actually comes (it's getting belgium-like outside as i type...).

Salut!

Hermineh Galstian, you are a daughter.  Go for a run.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to Bear Claw. Are they still around next year.

12:10 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

pussy

heres my uniform for the shit ass cold DC days from now on...

jeans, tucked into sock on the right side.
t shirt, hoodie, and north face 550g jacket
hoodie pulled low, fingerless gloves (in order to feel the carbon)
its great cause at points i can actually open up the zippers on the jacket and hoodie and it feels greattttttttt.
goat tacos

2:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cept fo te fact that Rock swallowed all the other teams up. good luck.

4:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always race for that team in france again

Just call em up

3:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home